GENTLEMAN’S TEA TIME :)
GENTLEMAN’S TEA TIME :)
- Like other members of the Straw Hat crew, Brook has his own personal Jolly Roger: it is a skull without a jaw with Brook’s trademark afro, a top hat, and a cane in place of the cross bone mark. His jolly roger is also shown on his travel mug and tea cup. His Jolly Roger was seen worn by one of fans.
- Brook is the oldest member of the Straw Hats, being 38 (dying 2 years after leaving Laboon, then spending a year seeking his body) at the time of his death and 88 years old when he meets the crew (most likely a reference to the number of keys on a piano), and he is the tallest, as he is even taller than Franky who is over seven feet tall.
- Brook’s height being 8’ 8” could be related to the usual number of keys on a piano, 88.
- Before Brook fulfilled the position of musician, there was a running gag of the need for the position to be filled that was always being brought up by Luffy during important meetings with his crew on who should join next. Whenever the Straw Hats hold a serious meeting about a situation they are in that might require the addition of a new crew member with skills to aid in that situation, or anything similar like that, Luffy would always bring up the need of getting a musician. His reasoning is that pirates love to sing and a musician is essential to a pirate crew. Luffy’s request however would always be turned down by his crew for more practical solutions to the situation.
- The idea of a skeleton musician was first conceived by Oda in the year 2000.
- In Chapter 488 the first digit of his bounty is a 2. This was a mistake by Oda that was later corrected.
- Since the introduction of Brook’s bounty, there was speculation of whether his 33,000,000 bounty was active or not. In chapter 600, Marines declared that his bounty was still active, thus ending the speculation.
- Brook’s unique laugh of “Yoho” is a stereotypical pirate line commonly found in various pirate related pop culture. It originates from “Dead Man’s Chest”, the sea shanty from the book Treasure Island.
- He is the second skeleton pirate shown in One Piece. The first was the non-canonical Captain Joke.
- In the 4th Japanese Fan Poll, he came out as the ninth most popular character. Coincidentally, he is also the ninth member to join the Straw Hats.
- Brook’s outfit in the Movie Strong World is almost identical to the outfit worn by the young Micheal Jackson in a filmclip performed by the Jackson Five.
- In Episode 509, when Brook starts playing the composition to raise the people’s spirits, the music played on his violin is the same piece played by Butler,”The song of the horn eaters”, from the third movie. The music, however, was originally used to make animals start rampaging, rather than raise people’s spirits.
- Brook’s model sheets in TOEI is named “Blook”
- Brook’s birthday, April 3, comes from his Devil Fruit’s name since 4-3 can be derived from yo-mi.
- According to Oda, Brook most resembles a horse. He is identified by the colors black and white, he smells of tea, and is most like a grandfather figure.
- Brook would be Austrian in the real world.
- In an SBS, when asked which flower Brook resembles the most, Robin’s Voice Actress replied he most resembles a rose.
The Soul King Brook - New World
can I see your pa—
Luffy always is the excited one! :))
Brook’s Stolen Line
Depressed because his line has been stolen. :P
:D hahaha! nice one chopper! :P